Passages I , a water media painting in warn colors , is based on the tools which can create a painting. Values, lights and darks, are muted to hold the relationship of shapes and color together. Texture provides interest and variety while line moves the viewer throughout the painting as it suggests place or emotion. The transition from area to area is as important as as sense of depth.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Saturday, August 30, 2008
- Try some color: Distance -thalo blue, ultramarine purple cool green/purple mix Middle ground warm up with rose and burnt sienna , muted red/browns Near ground detail is warmer and complimentary colors. Bright color or detailed objects accentuate the depth.
- Study foggy scenes,take photo
- Draw lightly so that the pencil marks will erase.
- Wet the entire paper for a graded wash
- Paint from background to near ground
- When dry erase pencil add detail and balance the three areas
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
but there are prints made of them in different sizes.
Request a size of image from 2x3.5 inches business card
to 12x18 depending on the configuration of the original.
Prints are giclee', pigment inks on enhased Epson paper
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Monday, August 18, 2008
The lavender Festival had good weather and attendance this year. My booth at Jardin du Soliel was a success. This print which was the 2002 Sequim Lavender Festival poster still attracts attention and sells well.
All the prints and paintings I show at the Lavender Festival are lavender related. I didn't have extra pottery for the show.